This page provides information as to who is eligible to apply for a Nodus Award together with a list of requirements that have to be applicable to your website.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disqualification. We reserve the right to refuse any future applications by the submitting webmaster or website if they are deemed to be in violation.
By applying to join Nodus Awards:
- You agree that you have read this requirements page and you believe that both you and your site qualify for review.
- You agree to keep your website maintained to the standards under which you have submitted your site.
- You agree that while we display your site in our winners area you will not link or add any undesired content as described on our requirements page.
- You agree to notify Nodus Awards of any changes to your sites location (url).
- You agree to provide us with correct and true information to the best of your knowledge.
- You agree to allow Nodus Awards to keep your name, email, site url, submission date and score as a confidential permanent record.
- You agree that whilst you are a member, for the purpose of notifying you of important Nodus Awards information, we can contact you via email from Aylis.com (owner of Nodus Awards).
- You agree that the judge's decision is final and once an evaluation has been carried out, your site will be permanently listed in the appropriate winner's page.
- You agree that you will not modify or tamper with the award graphic in any way without our permission.
- You agree not to post the award on any other website or location other than the one specified in your members account.
This statement applies regardless of whether you have read and/or understood its meaning.
Submissions are excepted from any applicant aged 14 and above, regardless of their country of origin (except where prohibited by law). Entries will not be accepted from applicants younger than 14 under any conditions. This is to comply with the children's online privacy protection act (C.O.P.P.A).
Applicants must be the owner and / or web master of the site that they submit. Note: If you are responsible for the sites design but have since given or sold it to another person(s), we will allow you to submit providing you have their permission.
Applicants may only submit one (1) site per evaluation period (6 months). Any further entries will be disqualified. Repeat failure to wait this duration between submitting a site may result in a permanent ban and any current listing being removed and member account suspended. Each site entry requires a unique members account.
Free to Apply
As of January 2009 (and historically from October 2002), applying for a Nodus Award is free of charge. If this should change in the future, notice shall be posted here, one (1) month in advance and will only apply to submissions proceeding activation. Instructions and means of payment will also be made available.
Applicants who meet the requirements shall not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, gender, handicap, income, political religious views, or country of origin. All decisions are final and uncontestable. By applying to join Nodus Awards, the applicant certifies that they have read and understood all preceding and proceeding rules and they agree to be bound by them.
All types of site, whether business, personal, or non-profit are welcome to apply. They should be hosted on a paid top level domain such as www.nodusawards.com. Domain extensions accepted include but are not limited to:
- yoursite.** (country extension)
Sites hosted on any free web server or sites hosted on space provided by an Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as AOL, may be disqualified as these sites often experience reliability issues and/or change URL frequently.
To effectively evaluate your website, we need to be able to read and understand your content. To apply for this award, you site has to be written in ENGLISH or have an English alternative which is correctly translated.
Uptime & Access
It is important to have a website that is always available to the user. If we cannot load your website we will check it approximately 12-24 hours later and if we are still unable to view your site the evaluation process will be terminated. An entire section being inaccessible because it is under construction is unacceptable and such sites will be disqualified. Separate membership pages for customers are allowed and will not be penalized. We fully understand that certain things are meant for your clients only.
Your website or any part of it (which includes links, buttons, advertisements etc) must not contain any content that can be considered or globally viewed as controversial, illegal or unsuitable to be viewed by all ages and ethical groups, which includes content based on the following subjects and/or nature:
- Racism, hate and discrimination.
- Sex and pornography.
- Promotion of illegal activities or crime.
- Distribution of copyrighted material.
- Use of bad, vulgar language, profanity.
- Spam, chain letters or similar activities.
Nudity shown for the sake of art will be exempt but it has to be tasteful and should not contain or portray any sexual intent or representation, shock value, exploitation, abuse or harmful actions to any person, place or thing.
Popup advertising banners are extremely annoying. We will only allow one popup advert on your site and it should not reappear once closed. Anymore than one pop up will result in disqualification.
You should never try to trick or force your visitors to visit your sponsors / advertisers in order to gain access to your content. Additionally, offering incentives or advantages for clicking on advertiser banners is also prohibited.
If your website does any of the following it will be disqualified:
- Your site causes our computer(s) to crash.
- Your site does not allow us to use the browser's functions.
- If we believe your site has attempted to access our computer (cookies exempt) in order to record personal information or implant something on our computers the evaluation will be terminated and we will report you and your website to the appropriate authorities.